Madonna auctions painting for charity
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram3 of 12
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: PX1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: MU1/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Zack Snyder Unites Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Wonder-Woman Gal Gadot at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 10:46:00 AM
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Marvel Unleashes 8 Action-Heavy Character Portraits (PhMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 10:38:00 AM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Zack Snyder Unites Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Wonder-Woman Gal Gadot at Comic-Con
Pop icon Madonna is selling off a painting from her personal art collection to help pull in millions for her children's charity.
RELATED: Stars without makeup
The 1921 cubist piece, "Trois Femmes a la Table Rouge" by French artist Fernand Leger, will go on the auction block at a Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates auction in New York on May 7.
The Material Girl's painting is worth up to $7 million, and Madonna has vowed to donate all the proceeds to her Ray of Light Foundation and its education projects in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
A statement from the singer reads, "I cannot accept a world where women or girls are wounded, shot or killed for either going to school or teaching in girls' schools. We don't have time to be complacent. I want to trade something valuable for something invaluable -- educating girls! Knowledge is power. Let's change the world!"
The 1921 painting, purchased by Madonna at a New York auction in 1990, will be displayed in Hong Kong and London before it returns to the Big Apple to be exhibited in Sotheby's galleries ahead of the sale.
RELATED: Madonna and other powerful moms
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite