Madonna comes under fire for using N-word
- Photo: Madonna/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP2 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Apega/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America7 of 12
- Photo: SPH/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: ABFR/GSI10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Madonna has courted controversy once again after using a racial slur on her Instagram page. The pop superstar uploaded a snap of her teen son Rocco fighting in the boxing ring on the picture-sharing website on Friday alongside the caption, "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disn-----."
After she was bombarded with complaints about use of the N-word from fans, she deleted the image, only to re-upload it with another risque comment. She added, "Ok let me start this again. #get off of my d--- haters!"
RELATED: Madonna's May-December romance with dewy dancer is dunzo
The singer later apologized in a statement, saying, "I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur...I am not a racist."
She added: "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention...It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."
It's not the first time this month the Material Girl has caused a stir after sharing photos of her eldest son - she came under fire over the New Year when the 13 year old and his pals posed for a snap holding bottles of alcohol.
Critics questioned Madonna's parenting skills online, prompting her to hit back, writing, "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humour! Don't start the year off with judgement!"
Rocco is Madonna's only child with ex-husband Guy Ritchie. She is also mum to teenage daughter Lourdes, from a previous relationship, and adopted kids Mercy and David.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite