Madonna comes under fire for using N-word
- Photo: Madonna/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP2 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Apega/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America7 of 12
- Photo: SPH/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: ABFR/GSI10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
Madonna has courted controversy once again after using a racial slur on her Instagram page. The pop superstar uploaded a snap of her teen son Rocco fighting in the boxing ring on the picture-sharing website on Friday alongside the caption, "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disn-----."
After she was bombarded with complaints about use of the N-word from fans, she deleted the image, only to re-upload it with another risque comment. She added, "Ok let me start this again. #get off of my d--- haters!"
RELATED: Madonna's May-December romance with dewy dancer is dunzo
The singer later apologized in a statement, saying, "I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur...I am not a racist."
She added: "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention...It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."
It's not the first time this month the Material Girl has caused a stir after sharing photos of her eldest son - she came under fire over the New Year when the 13 year old and his pals posed for a snap holding bottles of alcohol.
Critics questioned Madonna's parenting skills online, prompting her to hit back, writing, "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humour! Don't start the year off with judgement!"
Rocco is Madonna's only child with ex-husband Guy Ritchie. She is also mum to teenage daughter Lourdes, from a previous relationship, and adopted kids Mercy and David.
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite