Madonna faces Material Girl battle
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Phil Penman/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Promotional4 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Darla Khazei/Pacific Coast News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Madonna is facing a lawsuit over her new Material Girl collection: Bosses at a clothing company have accused the superstar of stealing the trademark.
RELATED: See more pics of Madonna!
The pop singer and her daughter Lourdes have released a fashion line for teenagers through Macy's department store, and they have used the title of one of Madonna's most famous songs as the brand name.
RELATED: Read more about Madonna's career
However, People reports that executives at clothing manufacturer L.A. Triumph Inc. claim in a lawsuit that the company has been trading under the Material Girl banner since 1997, and insist "Madonna and her newfound company do not have the right to trade in the same space" under the brand.
RELATED VIDEO: Watch Madonna's photo shoot with Taylor Momsen
L.A. Triumph bosses have asked a judge to ban Madonna from any further use of the trademark as well as demanding they receive all profits the line has garnered so far, reports the site.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite