Madonna Facing Legal Action Over Perfume Logo
- Photo: AO1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Madonna is facing legal action from an Australian artist who alleges the packaging for her debut perfume ripped off his trademarked logo.
RELATED: Madonna's Strange Health Habits
Madonna launched Truth or Dare in New York last month, but RJ Williams is upset that the "M" symbol on her scent bottle and cardboard sleeve resembles his own artwork.
Williams claims he trademarked the logo, which he is said to have used on clothing for eight years, in 2011, and he is taking legal action over what he alleges is a breach of copyright.
RELATED: Stars Who've Dated the Same Person
He tells Australia's The Sunday Telegraph, "Friends from all over the world have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their disgust and support.
"It's about my integrity as an artist. I do not think it should be able to be used by a giant cosmetics company."
Williams claims he has sent a legal letter to Madonna's agent, Guy Oseary, requesting the star immediately stop infringing his copyright. He has also asked to be provided with all profits made so far and enter into a license with him for future use of the symbol.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite