Madonna Facing Legal Action Over Perfume Logo
- Photo: AO1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Kennedy Center Honors Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine, Carlos SantanaMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:13:20 AM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Alive and Relatively Well in 'Sherlock' Season 3 InteractiMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:11:08 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of Series
Madonna is facing legal action from an Australian artist who alleges the packaging for her debut perfume ripped off his trademarked logo.
RELATED: Madonna's Strange Health Habits
Madonna launched Truth or Dare in New York last month, but RJ Williams is upset that the "M" symbol on her scent bottle and cardboard sleeve resembles his own artwork.
Williams claims he trademarked the logo, which he is said to have used on clothing for eight years, in 2011, and he is taking legal action over what he alleges is a breach of copyright.
RELATED: Stars Who've Dated the Same Person
He tells Australia's The Sunday Telegraph, "Friends from all over the world have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their disgust and support.
"It's about my integrity as an artist. I do not think it should be able to be used by a giant cosmetics company."
Williams claims he has sent a legal letter to Madonna's agent, Guy Oseary, requesting the star immediately stop infringing his copyright. He has also asked to be provided with all profits made so far and enter into a license with him for future use of the symbol.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite