Madonna Facing Legal Action Over Perfume Logo
- Photo: AO1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Madonna is facing legal action from an Australian artist who alleges the packaging for her debut perfume ripped off his trademarked logo.
RELATED: Madonna's Strange Health Habits
Madonna launched Truth or Dare in New York last month, but RJ Williams is upset that the "M" symbol on her scent bottle and cardboard sleeve resembles his own artwork.
Williams claims he trademarked the logo, which he is said to have used on clothing for eight years, in 2011, and he is taking legal action over what he alleges is a breach of copyright.
RELATED: Stars Who've Dated the Same Person
He tells Australia's The Sunday Telegraph, "Friends from all over the world have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their disgust and support.
"It's about my integrity as an artist. I do not think it should be able to be used by a giant cosmetics company."
Williams claims he has sent a legal letter to Madonna's agent, Guy Oseary, requesting the star immediately stop infringing his copyright. He has also asked to be provided with all profits made so far and enter into a license with him for future use of the symbol.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite