- Photo: Darla Khazei/Pacific Coast News1 of 7
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Behind the Candelabra' Review: Sex, Lies & the ClosetMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:04:22 AM
- VH1 Sets 'Gossip Table' For June 3MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:56:16 AM
- GMA's George Stephanopoulos Grills Yahoo, Tumblr CEOs On Past FailuresMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:54:53 AM
- Gilberto Santa Rosa leads 'Forever Tango' to B'wayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 7:43:49 AM
- 10 recommendations for Wagner's 200th birthdayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 7:34:24 AM
- 'Behind the Candelabra' Review: Sex, Lies & the Closet
Madonna may be a style icon, but that doesn’t mean daughter Lourdes Leon, 13, takes her advice. "If anything, I wish she'd dress more conservatively," says the pop star, 51. "How's that for irony?"
In a rare interview in the new Us Weekly (on newsstands Wednesday), Madonna opens up about her budding fashionista and their first collaboration: the aptly named teen clothing line Material Girl, set to hit Macy's stores this August.
Why a teen collection?
"I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work," she tells Us Weekly. "I thought, I don't want to give up the rest of my career, so I'm not going to do my own line again. But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I’ve been involved in business meetings, but Lola's really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry!"
She says her daughter's style "is inspired by kids she sees in hip-hop and ballet classes, European influences, bands she listens to. You could say it's in the DNA, but I could never tell her how to dress! She also comes to my photo and video shoots, pulls outfits together and gives her input to a lot of my fashion-designer friends. Whether it’s Marc Jacobs or Stella McCartney, they always ask her what she thinks."
For more from Madonna -- including whether the singer wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps, the teen's exciting future acting plans and details on their spats over fashion, pick up the new Us Weekly.
More from UsWeekly:
More on Wonderwall:
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite