Madonna: I Wish Lourdes, 13, Would 'Dress More Conservatively'
- Photo: Darla Khazei/Pacific Coast News1 of 7
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Fox Slashes 'Dads' Back Episode Order From 9 to 6MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:01:37 PM
- Tony Danza Ends Strong Year by Signing With CAA (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 3:39:18 PM
- Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow' to Get 2-Hour FinaleMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 2:36:54 PM
- AMC Cancels Crime Drama 'Low Winter Sun'MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 2:25:27 PM
- 'Terminator' TV Series In Development With 'X-Men' Writers ExecuMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 1:35:02 PM
- Fox Slashes 'Dads' Back Episode Order From 9 to 6
Madonna may be a style icon, but that doesn’t mean daughter Lourdes Leon, 13, takes her advice. "If anything, I wish she'd dress more conservatively," says the pop star, 51. "How's that for irony?"
In a rare interview in the new Us Weekly (on newsstands Wednesday), Madonna opens up about her budding fashionista and their first collaboration: the aptly named teen clothing line Material Girl, set to hit Macy's stores this August.
Why a teen collection?
"I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work," she tells Us Weekly. "I thought, I don't want to give up the rest of my career, so I'm not going to do my own line again. But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I’ve been involved in business meetings, but Lola's really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry!"
She says her daughter's style "is inspired by kids she sees in hip-hop and ballet classes, European influences, bands she listens to. You could say it's in the DNA, but I could never tell her how to dress! She also comes to my photo and video shoots, pulls outfits together and gives her input to a lot of my fashion-designer friends. Whether it’s Marc Jacobs or Stella McCartney, they always ask her what she thinks."
For more from Madonna -- including whether the singer wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps, the teen's exciting future acting plans and details on their spats over fashion, pick up the new Us Weekly.
More from UsWeekly:
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite