Madonna settles New York neighbor's suit over noise
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: DC5/ Dominic Chan/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 8
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
NEW YORK (AP) -- Madonna has made peace with a neighbor who said the superstar made a racket by using her apartment as a rehearsal studio, lawyers involved in the matter said Wednesday.
Court records showed Karen George's lawsuit against the singer and their Manhattan building was settled as of Wednesday. Lawyers for Madonna and the building's co-op board would say only that the matter was resolved. George's attorney didn't immediately return a call.
Madonna and the board had said the noise never topped legal levels. The singer also said this March she'd built a studio elsewhere and wasn't using the apartment for musical moves anymore.
George, whose apartment is upstairs from Madonna's in a building overlooking Central Park, had said the dance and exercise routines subjected neighbors to "blaring music, stomping and shaking walls" for up to three hours a day. George was driven from her apartment at times by the "unbearable" noise and vibrations, according to her lawsuit, filed in 2009. It sought unspecified damages.
Madonna took steps to dampen the sound in 2009, but George said they didn't work, according to an August court ruling that nixed the singer's bid to dismiss the lawsuit. George had said the building board acknowledged her complaints but ultimately didn't crack down because it didn't want trouble with Madonna.
Madonna moved into the building after she was rejected in 1985 by the board at another ritzy Manhattan co-op, the San Remo, where U2 frontman Bono has an apartment.
RELATED: Music's weirdest couples
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite