Madonna settles New York neighbor's suit over noise
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP1 of 8
- Photo: DC5/ Dominic Chan/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 8
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)
NEW YORK (AP) -- Madonna has made peace with a neighbor who said the superstar made a racket by using her apartment as a rehearsal studio, lawyers involved in the matter said Wednesday.
Court records showed Karen George's lawsuit against the singer and their Manhattan building was settled as of Wednesday. Lawyers for Madonna and the building's co-op board would say only that the matter was resolved. George's attorney didn't immediately return a call.
Madonna and the board had said the noise never topped legal levels. The singer also said this March she'd built a studio elsewhere and wasn't using the apartment for musical moves anymore.
George, whose apartment is upstairs from Madonna's in a building overlooking Central Park, had said the dance and exercise routines subjected neighbors to "blaring music, stomping and shaking walls" for up to three hours a day. George was driven from her apartment at times by the "unbearable" noise and vibrations, according to her lawsuit, filed in 2009. It sought unspecified damages.
Madonna took steps to dampen the sound in 2009, but George said they didn't work, according to an August court ruling that nixed the singer's bid to dismiss the lawsuit. George had said the building board acknowledged her complaints but ultimately didn't crack down because it didn't want trouble with Madonna.
Madonna moved into the building after she was rejected in 1985 by the board at another ritzy Manhattan co-op, the San Remo, where U2 frontman Bono has an apartment.
RELATED: Music's weirdest couples
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite