Madonna settles New York neighbor's suit over noise
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: DC5/ Dominic Chan/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 8
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
NEW YORK (AP) -- Madonna has made peace with a neighbor who said the superstar made a racket by using her apartment as a rehearsal studio, lawyers involved in the matter said Wednesday.
Court records showed Karen George's lawsuit against the singer and their Manhattan building was settled as of Wednesday. Lawyers for Madonna and the building's co-op board would say only that the matter was resolved. George's attorney didn't immediately return a call.
Madonna and the board had said the noise never topped legal levels. The singer also said this March she'd built a studio elsewhere and wasn't using the apartment for musical moves anymore.
George, whose apartment is upstairs from Madonna's in a building overlooking Central Park, had said the dance and exercise routines subjected neighbors to "blaring music, stomping and shaking walls" for up to three hours a day. George was driven from her apartment at times by the "unbearable" noise and vibrations, according to her lawsuit, filed in 2009. It sought unspecified damages.
Madonna took steps to dampen the sound in 2009, but George said they didn't work, according to an August court ruling that nixed the singer's bid to dismiss the lawsuit. George had said the building board acknowledged her complaints but ultimately didn't crack down because it didn't want trouble with Madonna.
Madonna moved into the building after she was rejected in 1985 by the board at another ritzy Manhattan co-op, the San Remo, where U2 frontman Bono has an apartment.
RELATED: Music's weirdest couples
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite