Madonna wades into Syria debate
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram6 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Maze Runner' Buries 'Tombstones' and Laughs Off 'This MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- E! Remembers Joan Rivers and Her Favorite 'Fashion Police' Targets: Kardashians, RMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 8:15:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Maze Runner' Buries 'Tombstones' and Laughs Off 'This
Pop superstar Madonna has made a public appeal to American officials urging them not to take military action against Syria.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
President Barack Obama has argued strikes against the country have become necessary following the government's alleged use of chemical weapons as the civil war, which has been raging since 2011, escalates.
A number of critics have spoken out in opposition of potential military action against Syria, and Madonna has now joined the debate, urging American authorities not to get involved.
The singer has posted a picture of a handwritten message on her Instagram page featuring the words, "U.S. Stay Out of Syria!... For humanity's sake."
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
Madonna has long been a vocal campaigner on political issues, speaking out on a number of causes including gay rights and the imprisonment of Russian punk stars Pussy Riot.
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite