Madonna wades into Syria debate
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram6 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade Before the WeddingMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media Campaign
Pop superstar Madonna has made a public appeal to American officials urging them not to take military action against Syria.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
President Barack Obama has argued strikes against the country have become necessary following the government's alleged use of chemical weapons as the civil war, which has been raging since 2011, escalates.
A number of critics have spoken out in opposition of potential military action against Syria, and Madonna has now joined the debate, urging American authorities not to get involved.
The singer has posted a picture of a handwritten message on her Instagram page featuring the words, "U.S. Stay Out of Syria!... For humanity's sake."
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
Madonna has long been a vocal campaigner on political issues, speaking out on a number of causes including gay rights and the imprisonment of Russian punk stars Pussy Riot.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite