Madonna's lavish 55th birthday party: Lola and Rocco celebrate with their mom in France
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram1 of 10
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Once a Material Girl, always a Material Girl. Madonna celebrated turning 55 in a fashion befitting the famously dramatic, often outlandish pop star -- that is, with an over-the-top French Revolution-inspired costume bash in the South of France on Aug. 17!
The guest of honor channeled Marie Antoinette, the Gallic country's last queen who supposedly said "Let them eat cake!" before later meeting her demise at the guillotine. Fit and fabulous, Madonna wore a gold and diamond grill on her teeth, a heart-shaped eyepatch, an enormous teased blond wig, a purple, cleavage-baring corset leotard -- and no pants! "Madonna looked amazing! Her legs are sick!" a source tells Us Weekly.
Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, daughter Lola, 16, and son Rocco, 13, partied with the fun-loving mom of four. "They danced to Madonna songs, the whole family. It was cute. Everybody was dressed up and Madonna kept flinging around a white rose," says the source. "Lola is growing up and had a birthmark above her lip just like her mom as a little tribute, and she wore a tight-fitting bodice, too."
The singer shared a close-up shot of her lavish look on Instagram the next day, writing: "Perhaps we had too much Cale! But at my Birthday Party all I could see was LOVE." She followed that picture with a similar photo that was captioned, "Perhaps I had too much Champagne! I meant to write CAKE!"
This isn't the first time Madonna has dressed up in an outfit inspired by that French period. In 1990, the singer wore the ball gown donned by Glenn Close in 1988's "Dangerous Liaisons" for her performance of "Vogue" at the MTV Video Music Awards; and for her Re-Invention tour in 2004, the singer rocked bustier leotards similar to the one she wore to her 55th birthday bash.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite