Madonna's lavish 55th birthday party: Lola and Rocco celebrate with their mom in France
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram1 of 10
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Once a Material Girl, always a Material Girl. Madonna celebrated turning 55 in a fashion befitting the famously dramatic, often outlandish pop star -- that is, with an over-the-top French Revolution-inspired costume bash in the South of France on Aug. 17!
The guest of honor channeled Marie Antoinette, the Gallic country's last queen who supposedly said "Let them eat cake!" before later meeting her demise at the guillotine. Fit and fabulous, Madonna wore a gold and diamond grill on her teeth, a heart-shaped eyepatch, an enormous teased blond wig, a purple, cleavage-baring corset leotard -- and no pants! "Madonna looked amazing! Her legs are sick!" a source tells Us Weekly.
Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, daughter Lola, 16, and son Rocco, 13, partied with the fun-loving mom of four. "They danced to Madonna songs, the whole family. It was cute. Everybody was dressed up and Madonna kept flinging around a white rose," says the source. "Lola is growing up and had a birthmark above her lip just like her mom as a little tribute, and she wore a tight-fitting bodice, too."
The singer shared a close-up shot of her lavish look on Instagram the next day, writing: "Perhaps we had too much Cale! But at my Birthday Party all I could see was LOVE." She followed that picture with a similar photo that was captioned, "Perhaps I had too much Champagne! I meant to write CAKE!"
This isn't the first time Madonna has dressed up in an outfit inspired by that French period. In 1990, the singer wore the ball gown donned by Glenn Close in 1988's "Dangerous Liaisons" for her performance of "Vogue" at the MTV Video Music Awards; and for her Re-Invention tour in 2004, the singer rocked bustier leotards similar to the one she wore to her 55th birthday bash.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite