Madonna's lavish 55th birthday party: Lola and Rocco celebrate with their mom in France
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram1 of 10
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Once a Material Girl, always a Material Girl. Madonna celebrated turning 55 in a fashion befitting the famously dramatic, often outlandish pop star -- that is, with an over-the-top French Revolution-inspired costume bash in the South of France on Aug. 17!
The guest of honor channeled Marie Antoinette, the Gallic country's last queen who supposedly said "Let them eat cake!" before later meeting her demise at the guillotine. Fit and fabulous, Madonna wore a gold and diamond grill on her teeth, a heart-shaped eyepatch, an enormous teased blond wig, a purple, cleavage-baring corset leotard -- and no pants! "Madonna looked amazing! Her legs are sick!" a source tells Us Weekly.
Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, daughter Lola, 16, and son Rocco, 13, partied with the fun-loving mom of four. "They danced to Madonna songs, the whole family. It was cute. Everybody was dressed up and Madonna kept flinging around a white rose," says the source. "Lola is growing up and had a birthmark above her lip just like her mom as a little tribute, and she wore a tight-fitting bodice, too."
The singer shared a close-up shot of her lavish look on Instagram the next day, writing: "Perhaps we had too much Cale! But at my Birthday Party all I could see was LOVE." She followed that picture with a similar photo that was captioned, "Perhaps I had too much Champagne! I meant to write CAKE!"
This isn't the first time Madonna has dressed up in an outfit inspired by that French period. In 1990, the singer wore the ball gown donned by Glenn Close in 1988's "Dangerous Liaisons" for her performance of "Vogue" at the MTV Video Music Awards; and for her Re-Invention tour in 2004, the singer rocked bustier leotards similar to the one she wore to her 55th birthday bash.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite