Madonna's lavish 55th birthday party: Lola and Rocco celebrate with their mom in France
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram1 of 10
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Once a Material Girl, always a Material Girl. Madonna celebrated turning 55 in a fashion befitting the famously dramatic, often outlandish pop star -- that is, with an over-the-top French Revolution-inspired costume bash in the South of France on Aug. 17!
The guest of honor channeled Marie Antoinette, the Gallic country's last queen who supposedly said "Let them eat cake!" before later meeting her demise at the guillotine. Fit and fabulous, Madonna wore a gold and diamond grill on her teeth, a heart-shaped eyepatch, an enormous teased blond wig, a purple, cleavage-baring corset leotard -- and no pants! "Madonna looked amazing! Her legs are sick!" a source tells Us Weekly.
Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, daughter Lola, 16, and son Rocco, 13, partied with the fun-loving mom of four. "They danced to Madonna songs, the whole family. It was cute. Everybody was dressed up and Madonna kept flinging around a white rose," says the source. "Lola is growing up and had a birthmark above her lip just like her mom as a little tribute, and she wore a tight-fitting bodice, too."
The singer shared a close-up shot of her lavish look on Instagram the next day, writing: "Perhaps we had too much Cale! But at my Birthday Party all I could see was LOVE." She followed that picture with a similar photo that was captioned, "Perhaps I had too much Champagne! I meant to write CAKE!"
This isn't the first time Madonna has dressed up in an outfit inspired by that French period. In 1990, the singer wore the ball gown donned by Glenn Close in 1988's "Dangerous Liaisons" for her performance of "Vogue" at the MTV Video Music Awards; and for her Re-Invention tour in 2004, the singer rocked bustier leotards similar to the one she wore to her 55th birthday bash.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite