Madonna's lavish 55th birthday party: Lola and Rocco celebrate with their mom in France
- Photo: @madonna/Instagram1 of 10
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Edgar Wright to Direct Young Adult Adaptation 'Grasshopper Jungle' for SonyMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Comedy Central Renews 'Drunk History,' 'Nathan for You'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:45:00 PM
- Colin Firth, Emma Stone riff on working with WoodyMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:42:41 PM
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:41:09 PM
- Game of Thrones Casts Red Viper's Brother, Recasts Joffrey's SisterMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:09:00 PM
- Edgar Wright to Direct Young Adult Adaptation 'Grasshopper Jungle' for Sony
Once a Material Girl, always a Material Girl. Madonna celebrated turning 55 in a fashion befitting the famously dramatic, often outlandish pop star -- that is, with an over-the-top French Revolution-inspired costume bash in the South of France on Aug. 17!
The guest of honor channeled Marie Antoinette, the Gallic country's last queen who supposedly said "Let them eat cake!" before later meeting her demise at the guillotine. Fit and fabulous, Madonna wore a gold and diamond grill on her teeth, a heart-shaped eyepatch, an enormous teased blond wig, a purple, cleavage-baring corset leotard -- and no pants! "Madonna looked amazing! Her legs are sick!" a source tells Us Weekly.
Boyfriend Brahim Zaibat, daughter Lola, 16, and son Rocco, 13, partied with the fun-loving mom of four. "They danced to Madonna songs, the whole family. It was cute. Everybody was dressed up and Madonna kept flinging around a white rose," says the source. "Lola is growing up and had a birthmark above her lip just like her mom as a little tribute, and she wore a tight-fitting bodice, too."
The singer shared a close-up shot of her lavish look on Instagram the next day, writing: "Perhaps we had too much Cale! But at my Birthday Party all I could see was LOVE." She followed that picture with a similar photo that was captioned, "Perhaps I had too much Champagne! I meant to write CAKE!"
This isn't the first time Madonna has dressed up in an outfit inspired by that French period. In 1990, the singer wore the ball gown donned by Glenn Close in 1988's "Dangerous Liaisons" for her performance of "Vogue" at the MTV Video Music Awards; and for her Re-Invention tour in 2004, the singer rocked bustier leotards similar to the one she wore to her 55th birthday bash.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite