Mariah Carey: Dislocated shoulder has been 'toughest experience of my life'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Swift/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram12 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram13 of 14
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Mariah Carey is impressing doctors with the speed of her recovery from a dislocated shoulder because they predicted it would take eight months for the R&B superstar to bounce back.
RELATED: BING: Star comebacks
The singer was hospitalized on July 7 after she took a tumble while filming a promo for a remix of her track "#Beautiful" with rapper Young Jeezy.
RELATED: Celebs who got pregnant in their 40s
The singer admits the prolonged recovery has been "the toughest experience" ever and although she admits she's still suffering, she reveals she is healing faster than medics expected her to.
RELATED: Stars who accessorize their injuries
Taking to her Facebook.com page on Friday, Carey writes, "The last three months of my life have not been easy. Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience of my life.
"It took me three months to get to this point but thank God I was able to recover and get my arm back. It's a huge deal, it should have taken eight months and even my doctors can't believe it. It's been a long journey, the physical therapists have been incredible and I am very grateful to all of them for helping me.
"When people expected me to go 'Here I am, I'm back and everything's great!', it didn't happen because my hand was still in tremendous pain and it took this long for it to heal. I've been working day and night, and it took a lot of rest (though I did sneak in to the studio a couple o' times!) but I can finally say that I am on my way to a full recovery."
Carey previously blamed a lack of sleep for the video fall, which left her with nerve damage. She said, "Honestly, I had been working for a really long time, and you know how when you're posing... I was posing, and my arm... was shaking at that point - so it was very fatigued. And about the ninth take, the 10th take... I was on a roll darling, a roll... and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor baby, on cement."
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite