Mariah Carey: Dislocated shoulder has been 'toughest experience of my life'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Swift/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram12 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Mariah Carey is impressing doctors with the speed of her recovery from a dislocated shoulder because they predicted it would take eight months for the R&B superstar to bounce back.
RELATED: BING: Star comebacks
The singer was hospitalized on July 7 after she took a tumble while filming a promo for a remix of her track "#Beautiful" with rapper Young Jeezy.
RELATED: Celebs who got pregnant in their 40s
The singer admits the prolonged recovery has been "the toughest experience" ever and although she admits she's still suffering, she reveals she is healing faster than medics expected her to.
RELATED: Stars who accessorize their injuries
Taking to her Facebook.com page on Friday, Carey writes, "The last three months of my life have not been easy. Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience of my life.
"It took me three months to get to this point but thank God I was able to recover and get my arm back. It's a huge deal, it should have taken eight months and even my doctors can't believe it. It's been a long journey, the physical therapists have been incredible and I am very grateful to all of them for helping me.
"When people expected me to go 'Here I am, I'm back and everything's great!', it didn't happen because my hand was still in tremendous pain and it took this long for it to heal. I've been working day and night, and it took a lot of rest (though I did sneak in to the studio a couple o' times!) but I can finally say that I am on my way to a full recovery."
Carey previously blamed a lack of sleep for the video fall, which left her with nerve damage. She said, "Honestly, I had been working for a really long time, and you know how when you're posing... I was posing, and my arm... was shaking at that point - so it was very fatigued. And about the ninth take, the 10th take... I was on a roll darling, a roll... and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor baby, on cement."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite