Mariah Carey Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Sam Sharma / Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 6
- Photo: Shareif Ziyadat/GettyImages.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
After months of speculation, Mariah Carey has confirmed that she is pregnant.
"Yes, we are pregnant," she told Billy Bush in the sneak peek of an "Access Hollywood" clip that aired on NBC's "Today" show. "It is true."
She said that it has been a "long journey" for her and husband Nick Cannon, adding that she miscarried right after she and Cannon, 30, wed in 2008.
She said she is due in spring but didn't want to say the exact date, adding that they have no plans to find out
the baby's sex.
Carey, 41, first fueled pregnancy rumors in May when it was announced that she dropped out of Tyler Perry's drama, "For Colored Girls," "because her doctor advised her not to," her rep told UsMagazine.com at the time.
Around the same time, she stepped out in Sao Paulo, Brazil, wearing a $140 Pea in the Pod maternity dress.
Ever since, she and Cannon, 30, who renewed their vows this past May to mark their second wedding anniversary, have spent months carefully dodging pregnancy questions.
"I've said it before and I'll say it time and time again -- when my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her," Cannon said on his radio show in August. "Honestly ... I say this to you so you can tell whoever it is you've got to tell, we all know it's extremely personal, and it is for a woman to deal with things with her body, and especially when dealing with the idea of childbirth and all that stuff."
The same month, Carey addressed the rumors in a statement to Us: "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know – even Cindi Berger [her publicist]."
At a Russell Simmons event Oct. 20, Cannon opened up a bit more, telling Us he didn't care if they have a boy or girl: "We just want a healthy child."
Carey has long talked about wanting kids.
In 2007, during an appearance on ABC's "The View," she said: "If I were to have a child, I would want to be married with a stable family environment. Not to say that that's how everybody has to do it."
This past January, Cannon told MTV News they "absolutely plan to have a family. But we gotta prioritize, because that's a major, major priority. That's like the only priority in life, when you think about it: starting and
raising a family... We wanna make sure everything is out of the way and that we don't have any distractions."
In 1993, Carey wed Sony Music mogul Tommy Mottola; the marriage ended four years later.
She shocked fans in 2008 when she wed Cannon in an impromptu ceremony at her Bahamian estate. At the time, she called him her "soul mate."
More on Wonderwall & MSN:
More on USMagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite