Mariah Carey in Talks to Join 'Idol'
- Photo: RD / Kirkland/Retna Digital1 of 7
- Photo: PS3/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Derek Storm/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: KRAPE / Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Katherine Heigl, Mindy Kaling, Ricky Gervais Among Stars Added to Emmy Presenters ListMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:23:00 AM
- Beyonce, Buckets and 'Bang, Bang' 13 Things to Expect at MTV's VMAsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:12:00 AM
- Geoff Stults Lands Recurring Roles on The Odd Couple, Netflix's Grace and FrankieMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:04:00 AM
- Artist Christo says river project at a standstillMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 10:00:52 AM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Reviews: Was This Sequel Worth the Wait or 9 Years MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Katherine Heigl, Mindy Kaling, Ricky Gervais Among Stars Added to Emmy Presenters List
By Molly McGonigle
Insiders say that Mariah Carey is eager to take over the remaining seat, since Steven Tyler's deal is pretty much done. Mariah has seen the success her husband, Nick Cannon, has had with "America's Got Talent," and she thinks joining "American Idol" would be a brilliant career move.
Nick Cannon has already been plugging Mariah as the only thing missing from "American Idol."
RELATED: Learn all about Mariah over at MSN
FOX thinks that Mariah and Randy Jackson already have pre-existing chemistry, which will be great with Steven Tyler rounding out the judges table. There are also rumors that FOX wants to have a fourth seat available for guest judges.
When approached for a comment, Mariah's rep said there is nothing to confirm or deny, yet. Stay tuned for more details.
RELATED: Check out the most disappointing celeb Playboy covers
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite