Mariah Carey in Talks to Join 'Idol'
- Photo: RD / Kirkland/Retna Digital1 of 7
- Photo: PS3/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Derek Storm/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: KRAPE / Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
By Molly McGonigle
Insiders say that Mariah Carey is eager to take over the remaining seat, since Steven Tyler's deal is pretty much done. Mariah has seen the success her husband, Nick Cannon, has had with "America's Got Talent," and she thinks joining "American Idol" would be a brilliant career move.
Nick Cannon has already been plugging Mariah as the only thing missing from "American Idol."
RELATED: Learn all about Mariah over at MSN
FOX thinks that Mariah and Randy Jackson already have pre-existing chemistry, which will be great with Steven Tyler rounding out the judges table. There are also rumors that FOX wants to have a fourth seat available for guest judges.
When approached for a comment, Mariah's rep said there is nothing to confirm or deny, yet. Stay tuned for more details.
RELATED: Check out the most disappointing celeb Playboy covers
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite