Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon parents of twins
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Mariah Carey's Twitter/.4 of 8
- Photo: Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their fourth anniversary with another milestone — becoming parents to a baby girl and boy.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press. The singing superstar gave birth Saturday at 12:07 p.m. EDT at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Berger says the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.
Berger says the couple has not named the children yet. Cannon drove Carey to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom. Berger said the 41-year-old Carey, who had gone through false labor, was calm, thinking that it was another false alarm.
Meanwhile, the 30-year-old Cannon was so nervous he went to the wrong department at the hospital, and was guided to the maternity ward by a nurse.
"It was like right out of an 'I Love Lucy' skit," said Berger.
Berger says they were listening to Carey's "We Belong Together" after the children were born.
The couple are expected to renew their wedding vows on Sunday. The pair got married in 2007 after a whirlwind romance. They were the subject of endless baby rumors, and the couple actually were expecting shortly after their marriage, but Carey had a miscarriage; they did not reveal the miscarriage until she announced her pregnancy last fall.
RELATED: Extravagant Celebrity Weddings
The couple plan to live a bi-coastal life, and have luxurious nurseries in both New York and Los Angeles.
As far as more children, Carey recently declared she's done.
From Crowd Ignite