- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: CHAB/DSN/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 9
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Kat Giantis
Turkey Day is just around the corner, and we know what we're giving thanks for this year: Mariah Carey and her glorious diva 'tude, because the world just wouldn't be the same without it.
As part of a promotional pit stop in London to plug her "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" album, the chanteuse appeared at a local mall on Thursday to switch on the Christmas lights.
RELATED: See more pics of Mariah Carey
But before Mimi would grace the shopping mecca with her presence, a few demands apparently had to be met.
The London Daily Mail claims Mariah's must-have list included 20 white kittens (for what purpose we don't know, but we're getting a distinct Bond villain vibe), 100 white doves (to be released in her honor), 80 security guards, pink butterfly-shaped confetti, a pink carpet (red is so ordinary, after all), a wand to wave as the lights go on (which, judging by the picture from the festivities at left, she got) and a Rolls-Royce to chauffeur her.
What, no request for a life-size Hello Kitty doll dancing to her greatest hits beneath a soaring rainbow? We're so disappointed.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you're an adorable white cat or a winged creature), the powers-that-be couldn't accommodate Mrs. Nick Cannon's alleged animal requests because of the mall's no-pets-allowed policy.
"That rule would apply for everyone," says a source. "We have worked extremely hard to make sure that Mariah's event is fantastic. Even the model of car had to be changed six times to one that her people liked."
We contacted Mariah's rep for comment on the rumored demands, but have yet to get a response.
Meanwhile, it's too bad those same people who are so concerned with the big-lunged singer's ride aren't as diligent about watching the clock. That might have prevented a British interviewer from tweeting about her tardiness to a sit-down with ITV's "This Morning."
"Sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting for Mariah Carey... la la la laaa," kvetched host Phillip Schofield.
In her defense, she was only an hour late, which, in Mariah time, is like being four hours early, but the chat faced further delays when she had a fashion crisis.
"She's changing her mind about what she's wearing!!!!!" Schofield shared, later adding, "She was subtly apologetic for being an hour late and yes, [she had] an entourage the size of Denmark."
Last month, Carey explained that she knows from high-maintenance, and she isn't like that.
"I try not to be a jerk. I really do," she told the London Guardian. "I try to be nice and cordial. I've seen the real extreme diva behavior and I don't think that's who I am."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite