Marilyn Manson sues woman for claiming they were engaged
- Photo: MATRIX/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Wireimage/John Sciulli/Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd.5 of 9
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Rachel Worth/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Marilyn Manson is suing a woman who he says falsely claimed that they were engaged.
In April 2012, reports emerged claiming that the rocker was set to wed musician and filmmaker Yolanda Thorpe, who goes by the name Seraphim Ward. At the time, a publicist for Ward confirmed the news, and Ward tweeted, "I am still speechless and in shock!"
RELATED: Evan Rachel Wood is pregnant
But Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, claims he doesn't know Ward.
RELATED: Countdown: Worst VMA outfits
On Jan. 29, Manson filed court papers seeking $50,000 in damages for unlawful use of Manson's name for commercial advantage, defamation, misappropriation of common law right of publicity and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
RELATED: Celebrity Make Up Mistakes
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite