Bruno Mars was too sick to celebrate Grammy nods
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Kristen Noseda/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Dave/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
R&B star Bruno Mars missed out celebrating his seven Grammy Award nominations onstage in December 2011 after falling ill and scrapping a planned concert.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
The singer/songwriter was unveiled as one of the multiple nominees ahead of the 2011 ceremony, earning recognition in categories such as Song of the Year ("F---You" with Cee-Lo Green), Best Male Pop Vocal Performance ("Just the Way You Are") and Record of the Year (for both "F--- You" and "Nothin' on You" with B.o.B.).
He performed at the nominations concert in Los Angeles on Dec. 1, but couldn't stay to toast his achievements with his peers.
Instead, he boarded a flight to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where he was scheduled to play a gig - only to become too sick to perform for his fans.
RELATED: Is Bruno on Obama's iPod?
He tells MTV show "The Seven," "I actually had to get on a plane and went straight to Pittsburgh and got sick and had to cancel the show for the first time. It was a little bittersweet."
However, Mars plans to make up for the celebratory drinks at the event itself on Feb. 13.
He adds, "Grammy night we'll celebrate."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite