Mary J. Blige has charity debt reduced
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA1 of 10
- Photo: CHARLES SYKES/Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Retna Ltd.3 of 10
- Photo: Warren Johnson/StarTraks4 of 10
- Photo: Todd Credaroli/Promotional5 of 10
- Photo: MSN6 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Todd Oren/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: PN2/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Mary J. Blige has moved a step forward in her bid to clear her debts after bank bosses agreed to reduce the sum owed by her charity.
RELATED: Craziest diva hair
The singer, who has been hit with two large tax bills this year, allegedly defaulted on a loan given to her charity, the Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now.
RELATED: Trends of Grammys past
Executives at TD Bank sued over the loan, claiming the total owed came to around $322,000, but TMZ.com now reports a settlement has been agreed and the debt has been slashed to $125,000.
RELATED: National Anthem flubs
Blige was hit with a $3.4 million tax bill from the Internal Revenue Service back in May, while she was previously sued by another bank for allegedly defaulting on a $500,000 loan.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT8 Ice Buckets
From Crowd Ignite