MC Hammer sued over back taxes
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: WENN3 of 12
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Promotional7 of 12
- Photo: Casey Rodgers/Virgin America/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall9 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta / Naras/Retna Ltd.10 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Rapper MC Hammer is facing legal action from U.S. authorities after failing to stay on top of his back taxes dating from 1996 and 1997.
RELATED: Who Said It? Quotes of 2011
The "U Can't Touch This" hitmaker, whose real name is Stanley Burrell, filed for bankruptcy in 1996 after finding himself in $13 million of debt.
He has since overcome his money problems, but tax officials are refusing to let him off -- they have filed suit against Hammer and his wife, and are demanding all of his concert fees be sent directly to them to pay off the $779,585 he still owes, according to TMZ.com.
MC Hammer joins the likes of Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne and Nas, who have all previously been in debt to the Internal Revenue Service.
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite