MC Hammer sued over back taxes
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: WENN3 of 12
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Promotional7 of 12
- Photo: Casey Rodgers/Virgin America/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall9 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta / Naras/Retna Ltd.10 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Rapper MC Hammer is facing legal action from U.S. authorities after failing to stay on top of his back taxes dating from 1996 and 1997.
RELATED: Who Said It? Quotes of 2011
The "U Can't Touch This" hitmaker, whose real name is Stanley Burrell, filed for bankruptcy in 1996 after finding himself in $13 million of debt.
He has since overcome his money problems, but tax officials are refusing to let him off -- they have filed suit against Hammer and his wife, and are demanding all of his concert fees be sent directly to them to pay off the $779,585 he still owes, according to TMZ.com.
MC Hammer joins the likes of Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne and Nas, who have all previously been in debt to the Internal Revenue Service.
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite