MC Hammer's obstruction charges dropped
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 14
- Photo: Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.2 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: WENN5 of 14
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Promotional7 of 14
- Photo: Casey Rodgers/Virgin America/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Monsell/Wonderwall9 of 14
- Photo: Frank Micelotta / Naras/Retna Ltd.10 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com/WireImage.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:46:00 AM
- 'Reclaim' Review: Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre Are Fooled Twice, and Then SMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Oculus unveils new prototype VR headsetMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:44:54 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &
Rap veteran MC Hammer will not face prosecution following his arrest for clashing with a police officer in February.
Hammer, real name Stanley Kirk Burrell, was cited for obstructing an officer in the performance of duties, in addition to resisting an officer, after he was spotted sitting in a car with expired registration tags at a shopping center in Dublin, northern California.
RELATED: '90s rappers: Where are they now?
However, the star has since had both counts against him dropped.
In a post on his Twitter page on Saturday, he announced, "Thank You to all my friends and supporters. All CHARGES DECLINED. Dropped. Have A great Weekend."
MC Hammer did not reveal whether he planned to take his own legal action against authorities after accusing the arresting officers of racial profiling.
As he detailed his legal run-in on Twitter last month, he claimed one cop had asked him if he was on "parole or probation" and added, "It was comical to me until he pulled out his guns, blew his whistle and yelled for help... Only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge... I will now answer his question, contrary to his personal beliefs, all people of color are not on parole or probation, fat boy!"
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite