Melanie Chisholm defends Victoria Beckham over glum photos
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZO/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: CB2/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 16
- Photo: PAULO DUARTE/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Madame Figaro/.14 of 16
- Photo: Emporio Armani/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Exclusive: Fargo's Allison Tolman Checks Into The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to ExitMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:41:00 PM
- NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Returning to Competition This WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' Pl
Melanie Chisholm has defended her fellow Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham after critics branded her "moody", insisting the busy star is exhausted from her globetrotting lifestyle.
RELATED: Celebs Making Faces at Paparazzi
The British girl band reunited in London this week to launch its "Viva Forever" musical, but the wife of soccer ace David Beckham was slammed by critics for apparently failing to smile during the photo shoot.
Now Chisholm has spoken out to defend her bandmate, declaring that the mom-of-four was simply tired after making a transatlantic dash from her home in Los Angeles to attend the launch.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's annoying when people say Victoria wasn't smiling or didn't want to be there. She really did. It was a flying visit and both her and Melanie [Brown] were exhausted as they'd flown in from Los Angeles."
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
"She was so tired but, among us, she was on great form. It's great that she decided to make the trip at all. She's a very busy lady and in the middle of designing a new [fashion] range. It's certainly not easy for her."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite