Melanie Chisholm defends Victoria Beckham over glum photos
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZO/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: CB2/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 16
- Photo: PAULO DUARTE/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Madame Figaro/.14 of 16
- Photo: Emporio Armani/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviews
Melanie Chisholm has defended her fellow Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham after critics branded her "moody", insisting the busy star is exhausted from her globetrotting lifestyle.
RELATED: Celebs Making Faces at Paparazzi
The British girl band reunited in London this week to launch its "Viva Forever" musical, but the wife of soccer ace David Beckham was slammed by critics for apparently failing to smile during the photo shoot.
Now Chisholm has spoken out to defend her bandmate, declaring that the mom-of-four was simply tired after making a transatlantic dash from her home in Los Angeles to attend the launch.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's annoying when people say Victoria wasn't smiling or didn't want to be there. She really did. It was a flying visit and both her and Melanie [Brown] were exhausted as they'd flown in from Los Angeles."
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
"She was so tired but, among us, she was on great form. It's great that she decided to make the trip at all. She's a very busy lady and in the middle of designing a new [fashion] range. It's certainly not easy for her."
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite