Melissa Etheridge files to end partnership with ex
- Photo: Fernando Allende/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Brothers & Sisters' Star Dave Annable Cast in Steven Spielberg'sMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 12:15:00 PM
- James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Compare 'Of Mice and Men' Opening to Sleeping MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Felicity Huffman to Star in ABC Drama Pilot from 12 Years a Slave WriterMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 11:53:00 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel to Face Off With Texas Gov. Rick Perry During SXSW WeekMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 11:43:00 AM
- 'Parenthood,' 'Northern Exposure' Vet John Corbett Joins Denis LMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Brothers & Sisters' Star Dave Annable Cast in Steven Spielberg's
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Court records show Melissa Etheridge has filed to make her breakup with former girlfriend Tammy Lynn Michaels official.
The singer filed to dissolve her domestic partnership with Michaels on Friday in Los Angeles. They announced their separation in April, and the rocker told Oprah Winfrey it was mutual, but "sad."
RELATED: Tammy's breakup ode to Melissa
The two held a commitment ceremony in 2003 and registered a domestic partnership in August 2005. Michaels gave birth to twins from an anonymous sperm donor in 2006.
The 49-year-old Etheridge cited irreconcilable differences for the split in court filings. She is asking to share joint custody of their 3-year-old children.
RELATED: Splitsville for Melissa and Tammy
The filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: More couples news
From Crowd Ignite