Melissa Etheridge files to end partnership with ex
- Photo: Fernando Allende/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Court records show Melissa Etheridge has filed to make her breakup with former girlfriend Tammy Lynn Michaels official.
The singer filed to dissolve her domestic partnership with Michaels on Friday in Los Angeles. They announced their separation in April, and the rocker told Oprah Winfrey it was mutual, but "sad."
RELATED: Tammy's breakup ode to Melissa
The two held a commitment ceremony in 2003 and registered a domestic partnership in August 2005. Michaels gave birth to twins from an anonymous sperm donor in 2006.
The 49-year-old Etheridge cited irreconcilable differences for the split in court filings. She is asking to share joint custody of their 3-year-old children.
RELATED: Splitsville for Melissa and Tammy
The filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: More couples news
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite