Miami Beach police check Chris Brown phone theft claim
- Photo: Alison Buck/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Sean Michaels/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Brandon Todd/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: RWO/Mr. Blue/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Nigel Patrick/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Police are investigating a woman's claim that singer Chris Brown stole her iPhone outside a South Beach nightclub when she tried to take a picture of him.
RELATED: Fashion Face-Off: Oscar Nominees
A police incident report released Thursday says Christal Shanae Spann, 24, and her friends spotted Brown and rapper Tyga leaving the Cameo club early Sunday. Spann told police she saw Brown get into a black Bentley, and she used her phone to take a picture of him sitting in the car.
According to the report, Spann claims Brown grabbed her phone and said "... you ain't going to put that on no website," and drove off.
RELATED: Stars Who Left Hollywood
Authorities said no charges have been filed. The report listed the potential crime as "robbery by sudden snatching," which is a felony.
"My prosecutors are currently speaking with the witnesses and reviewing all of the materials supplied by Miami Beach police," said Katherine Fernandez Rundle, Miami-Dade County's chief prosecutor. "Only after these reviews have been completed would any type of action be considered or taken."
Brown's attorney and a spokeswoman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Any charges could cause legal problems for Brown, who remains on supervised probation for beating then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, in 2009. He has been on a comeback of late, winning a Grammy award and performing on the high-rated awards program - as did Rihanna.
RELATED: Matchy-Matchy Couples
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite