Michael Buble diagnosed with heart abnormality
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Rick Rycroft/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: PMK/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Jorge Araujo/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Michael Buble has scaled back on his drinking after a doctor diagnosed him with an irregular heartbeat.
RELATED: Stars reveal medical conditions
The Canadian singer suffered a minor health scare earlier this year when he noticed his heart beating abnormally, and he was told he suffers from a condition which can be triggered by excess alcohol consumption.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail Weekend magazine, "They call it holiday heart syndrome. I noticed that when I had a few drinks, I could feel my heart race. A lot of people get it, but my problem was that I hated it. I could feel it. The doctors said, 'Mike, you don't even have to think about it. People live with this all their lives -- it's normal.' I was being a hypochondriac, but I was really sensitive to it. If you're partying too much, any kind of stimulant can have an affect on taking your heart out of rhythm."
Buble insists it took just one electrical "zap" at the hospital to jolt his heart back into rhythm, adding, "It's fixed. But I also don't party as much as I did. I don't drink very often -- alcohol is the worst stimulant for it."
RELATED: The year in celebrity
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite