Michael Jackson's Dad Drops Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL A. MARIANT/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Nick Ut/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: John Smierciak/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's father has dropped a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the former doctor who was convicted of causing the singer's death.
Court records show Joe Jackson's request for a dismissal was granted Monday. The filings do not elaborate on a reason for dropping pursuit of the case. Joe Jackson initially filed the lawsuit against Conrad Murray in June 2010 on the anniversary of his son's death.
RELATED: Celebrity Emotional Outpourings
A federal judge dismissed the case but it was re-filed in a state court in Los Angeles. It sought civil damages against Murray for giving the singer a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol without the proper life-saving equipment.
RELATED: Parents Just Don't Understand
Murray's attorney, Charles Peckham, says Murray continues to express his condolences to Jackson's family and is glad to put the case behind him.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite