Michael Jackson's Dad Drops Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL A. MARIANT/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Nick Ut/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: John Smierciak/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's father has dropped a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the former doctor who was convicted of causing the singer's death.
Court records show Joe Jackson's request for a dismissal was granted Monday. The filings do not elaborate on a reason for dropping pursuit of the case. Joe Jackson initially filed the lawsuit against Conrad Murray in June 2010 on the anniversary of his son's death.
RELATED: Celebrity Emotional Outpourings
A federal judge dismissed the case but it was re-filed in a state court in Los Angeles. It sought civil damages against Murray for giving the singer a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol without the proper life-saving equipment.
RELATED: Parents Just Don't Understand
Murray's attorney, Charles Peckham, says Murray continues to express his condolences to Jackson's family and is glad to put the case behind him.
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite