Michael Jackson's Dad Drops Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL A. MARIANT/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Nick Ut/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: John Smierciak/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's father has dropped a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the former doctor who was convicted of causing the singer's death.
Court records show Joe Jackson's request for a dismissal was granted Monday. The filings do not elaborate on a reason for dropping pursuit of the case. Joe Jackson initially filed the lawsuit against Conrad Murray in June 2010 on the anniversary of his son's death.
RELATED: Celebrity Emotional Outpourings
A federal judge dismissed the case but it was re-filed in a state court in Los Angeles. It sought civil damages against Murray for giving the singer a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol without the proper life-saving equipment.
RELATED: Parents Just Don't Understand
Murray's attorney, Charles Peckham, says Murray continues to express his condolences to Jackson's family and is glad to put the case behind him.
Best Bikini Bods
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Crowd Ignite