Michael Jackson's former maid alleges he suffered near-fatal drug overdoses
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: RSD/APC/ZOJ/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/AP/Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Epic/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
Michael Jackson's former maid has alleged the pop superstar suffered two near-fatal drug overdoses before his death in 2009.
The King of Pop died after suffering an overdose of anesthetic Propofol at his California mansion just weeks before his comeback concerts were due to kick off in London, and his doctor, Conrad Murray, is currently serving four years in prison on an involuntary manslaughter charge stemming from his death.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
However, Adrian McManus, who worked as the singer's personal maid in the 1990s, has now come forward to suggest her boss suffered a near-death experience in 1993.
She tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I knocked on his door, but got no answer so I went in to clean. He was lying on the bed, motionless, looking very pale. I called several times, but he didn't answer. As I got closer his eyes were open and he appeared not to be breathing. My heart sank as I thought he was dead. I called his name for several minutes. I feared that he was gone forever, but then he came to suddenly. He didn't say a word, but burst into tears... It is a shock that people didn't realize he had such issues, as it was common knowledge in the 1990s."
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
McManus reveals a similar incident took place just a few weeks later when a security guard found the star collapsed close to his swimming pool.
She explains, "The guard thought he was dead. He feared the worst, trying to wake him by shaking and shouting at him. He couldn't find a pulse and he didn't appear to be breathing... Michael made his guards train in CPR so they knew what to do."
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The news emerged just a day before Jackson's mother Katherine is due to face executives of concert company AEG in court in Los Angeles on Monday for the first day of a wrongful death trial. She claims bosses of the firm behind her son's comeback shows should take responsibility for hiring Murray to look after the troubled star.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite