Mick Jagger love letters sell for $300,000
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: PAUL BENOIT/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: MB Charles/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: ST/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: David Dyson/Camera Press/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
LONDON (AP) -- Jumpin' Jack Flash! A batch of love letters written by Mick Jagger to a 1960s muse have sold at auction for $301,472.
Sotheby's says a private collector bidding by phone on Wednesday snapped up the Rolling Stones frontman's 10 letters to singer Marsha Hunt.
RELATED: Aging Rockers: Still Hot or Not?
Hunt is an American-born singer who was the inspiration for the Stones' 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" and bore Jagger's first child.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
The letters, touching on everything from the moon landing to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, were written in 1969 from the Australian set of Jagger's film "Ned Kelly."
They had been expected to fetch between $113,000 and $161,000.
Sotheby's books specialist Gabriel Heaton said the letters reveal "a poetic and self-aware 25-year-old with wide-ranging intellectual and artistic interests."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite