Mick Jagger love letters sell for $300,000
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: PAUL BENOIT/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: MB Charles/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: ST/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: David Dyson/Camera Press/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
LONDON (AP) -- Jumpin' Jack Flash! A batch of love letters written by Mick Jagger to a 1960s muse have sold at auction for $301,472.
Sotheby's says a private collector bidding by phone on Wednesday snapped up the Rolling Stones frontman's 10 letters to singer Marsha Hunt.
RELATED: Aging Rockers: Still Hot or Not?
Hunt is an American-born singer who was the inspiration for the Stones' 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" and bore Jagger's first child.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
The letters, touching on everything from the moon landing to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, were written in 1969 from the Australian set of Jagger's film "Ned Kelly."
They had been expected to fetch between $113,000 and $161,000.
Sotheby's books specialist Gabriel Heaton said the letters reveal "a poetic and self-aware 25-year-old with wide-ranging intellectual and artistic interests."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite