Mick Jagger love letters sell for $300,000
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: PAUL BENOIT/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: MB Charles/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: ST/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: David Dyson/Camera Press/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
LONDON (AP) -- Jumpin' Jack Flash! A batch of love letters written by Mick Jagger to a 1960s muse have sold at auction for $301,472.
Sotheby's says a private collector bidding by phone on Wednesday snapped up the Rolling Stones frontman's 10 letters to singer Marsha Hunt.
RELATED: Aging Rockers: Still Hot or Not?
Hunt is an American-born singer who was the inspiration for the Stones' 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" and bore Jagger's first child.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
The letters, touching on everything from the moon landing to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, were written in 1969 from the Australian set of Jagger's film "Ned Kelly."
They had been expected to fetch between $113,000 and $161,000.
Sotheby's books specialist Gabriel Heaton said the letters reveal "a poetic and self-aware 25-year-old with wide-ranging intellectual and artistic interests."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite