Mick Jagger love letters sell for $300,000
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: PAUL BENOIT/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: MB Charles/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: ST/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: David Dyson/Camera Press/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 14 Production Companies to RanksMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:01:00 AM
- Controversial MLB Player, Amazing Race Twins Join the Survivor: San Juan del Sur CastMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Ticks Up, NBC Tops TuesdayMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Jasper Johns' former assistant pleads guiltyMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:30:33 AM
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'
LONDON (AP) -- Jumpin' Jack Flash! A batch of love letters written by Mick Jagger to a 1960s muse have sold at auction for $301,472.
Sotheby's says a private collector bidding by phone on Wednesday snapped up the Rolling Stones frontman's 10 letters to singer Marsha Hunt.
RELATED: Aging Rockers: Still Hot or Not?
Hunt is an American-born singer who was the inspiration for the Stones' 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" and bore Jagger's first child.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
The letters, touching on everything from the moon landing to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, were written in 1969 from the Australian set of Jagger's film "Ned Kelly."
They had been expected to fetch between $113,000 and $161,000.
Sotheby's books specialist Gabriel Heaton said the letters reveal "a poetic and self-aware 25-year-old with wide-ranging intellectual and artistic interests."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite