Miley Cyrus: I am already married in my heart and my mind
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: CPR/VM/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: HD1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: HD1/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Edward Furst/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Twitter7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Wedding planning isn't exactly at the top of Miley Cyrus' to-do list right now.
The engaged pop star, 19, opened up to the Associated Press on Friday, Nov. 9, about wanting to take her time with her engagement to Liam Hemsworth.
"I am married in my heart and my mind," Cyrus explained. "I do everything that I would be if I had the paper, but I want to take the time to actually enjoy it."
Instead of focusing on a dress, or a venue, or her guest list, Cyrus says her priority is making sure "people ... hear what I want to say" -- via her upcoming album.
"I want to ... get my record out, so when there is a time that I can take some time off, I'll feel like I accomplished my stuff," Cyrus shared. "Then I can take a break and just enjoy being married for a little while."
She has yet to set a release date for her new record (or give it a name), but Cyrus does know she wants to take this one in a slightly different direction from her prior pop-country projects.
"A lot of the beats are produced hip-hop beats," the "Can't Be Tamed" singer revealed. "But the vocal is very raw and my voice is kind of on top of all the tracks, which is what I wanted."
With some help from Pharrell Williams and a lot of Southern "hip-hop producers," Cyrus said she plans to give her new album "more of that dirty-South vibe, a little ATL in there."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite