Miley Cyrus: I am already married in my heart and my mind
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: CPR/VM/Fame Flynet2 of 8
- Photo: HD1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: HD1/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Edward Furst/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Twitter7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Wedding planning isn't exactly at the top of Miley Cyrus' to-do list right now.
The engaged pop star, 19, opened up to the Associated Press on Friday, Nov. 9, about wanting to take her time with her engagement to Liam Hemsworth.
"I am married in my heart and my mind," Cyrus explained. "I do everything that I would be if I had the paper, but I want to take the time to actually enjoy it."
Instead of focusing on a dress, or a venue, or her guest list, Cyrus says her priority is making sure "people ... hear what I want to say" -- via her upcoming album.
"I want to ... get my record out, so when there is a time that I can take some time off, I'll feel like I accomplished my stuff," Cyrus shared. "Then I can take a break and just enjoy being married for a little while."
She has yet to set a release date for her new record (or give it a name), but Cyrus does know she wants to take this one in a slightly different direction from her prior pop-country projects.
"A lot of the beats are produced hip-hop beats," the "Can't Be Tamed" singer revealed. "But the vocal is very raw and my voice is kind of on top of all the tracks, which is what I wanted."
With some help from Pharrell Williams and a lot of Southern "hip-hop producers," Cyrus said she plans to give her new album "more of that dirty-South vibe, a little ATL in there."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite