Miley Cyrus: I wanted to leave Liam Hemsworth in February 2013, talks 'hard time'
- Photo: Fashion Magazine/.1 of 24
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 24
- Photo: Twitter3 of 24
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet4 of 24
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 24
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 24
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 24
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News9 of 24
- Photo: Dean/NPG10 of 24
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks11 of 24
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet12 of 24
- Photo: WENN13 of 24
- Photo: WENN/WireImage.com14 of 24
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet15 of 24
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP16 of 24
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage17 of 24
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images North America18 of 24
- Photo: Instagram/.19 of 24
- Photo: Miley Cyrus/Promotional20 of 24
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter21 of 24
- Photo: Rolling Stone/.22 of 24
- Photo: JE1/WENN23 of 24
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
Well, this shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Six months before they officially called off their engagement and on-and-off four-year relationship, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth were, like, so totally on the brink of breaking up -- so says Cyrus herself in a new interview for the November issue of Canada's Fashion magazine. The "Wrecking Ball" singer, 20, says that she wanted to end things with the Australian hunk, 23, back in February of this year.
The envelope-shredding singer dealt with the anguish in song, penning the track "Drive" as she struggled in vain to the dump her former "Last Song" co-star. "I wrote it while I was working on Valentine's Day -- emotionally it was such a hard time," reveals Cyrus. The song is "about needing to leave someone, but not really wanting to completely cut yourself off from the relationship. It's a time when you want to leave, but you can't. It's also about moving on."
Alas, the pair finally did give up the ghost, confirming their split earlier this month. Cyrus also opens up to Fashion about -- what else? -- her MTV Video Music Awards performance. As she tells it, the originally planned performance with Robin Thicke was far more extreme than what audiences saw.
"I was trying to slap Robin's a-- but no one saw it! Believe me! MTV edited so much," she says. "They cut almost everything I did. I'm proud of that performance. I feel like music is really stale right now."
She snipes of her fellow performers that night (which included Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Drake and others): "I could have guessed what a lot of artists would have done that night. The reaction to what I did has been insane. I think it was a breath of fresh air! For the people that don't get it, you weren't meant to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Bods!
From Crowd Ignite