Miley Cyrus: "I'm Not Gonna Go To College"
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: AllieIsWired.com/.6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
Don't expect to see Miley Cyrus scouting any college campuses this summer.
"My sister went to NDSU in Nashville, so I'd probably want to be there with all my friends, but I'm not gonna go to college right now," Cyrus, 17, told Q100's Bert Show Monday morning. "I am a firm believer that you can go back at any age you want, because my grandma went back to college at 62 years old."
The "Can't Be Tamed" singer is growing up in more ways than one, even if her critics still see her as a little girl.
"No one ever wants to see someone grow up," she complains. "It's like when Hilary Duff started growing up off the Disney Channel. Everyone thought she was anorexic and she did this and that. It's just because she grew up! She didn't look like a 12-year-old anymore."
And though she's beginning to step out of Hannah Montana's shadow, Cyrus doesn't understand the controversy surrounding her latest music video (in which she wears a $25,000 corset).
"My song is clearly about breaking free and being out of a cage and being able to be truly who you are," Cyrus says. "If you see Hannah Montana through that, or are mad because you don't, turn on Disney Channel. That's where my show is. My show is still on the air. I'm not done doing Hannah Montana...your true fans are gonna love the artist when they express themselves."
Two men who aren't sad to see her grow up? Current boyfriend Liam Hemsworth and singer Justin Bieber.
"I have my travel-size boyfriend [Bieber] and I have my oversized security boyfriend [Hemsworth]," she jokes of the young men. "It's perfect!
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite