Miley Cyrus' Mom Tish: Liam Hemsworth Is the Love of Her Life
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Neil Lane Jewelers/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Engaged and underage? Not quite.
Miley Cyrus, 19, and Liam Hemsworth, 22, announced their engagement Wednesday, and since then have received nothing but support from their family and fans.
"All I ever hoped for as a Daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams," Cyrus' father, Billy Ray Cyrus, 50, tweeted. "To find happiness...peace of mind ...and someday know... true love."
Her mother, Tish Cyrus, also tweeted Thursday, "Wow! All of the love pouring out for Miley and Liam is incredible! So happy for my precious baby girl and the love of her life!"
And an insider close to the "Can't Be Tamed" singer tells Us Weekly she's ready to wed Hemsworth, despite her young age. "She's very mature! She's 19 going on 40, so she is ready for [marriage]," the insider explains. "Liam likes her wild side, but Miley's also mature and supportive. They're both ready for this."
Cyrus and Hemsworth first met on the set of the 2009 Nicholas Sparks film "The Last Song." They briefly split in August 2010, but have been together since.
And while their families support their decision to get engaged young -- so do "Miam" fans.
"The pic that first sparked rumors that Miam were dating.." Team Miley NY tweeted with an image of Cyrus and Hemsworth nearly kissing at the Nashville International Airport on Aug. 19, 2009.
Cyrus tweeted back with a smiley face, "Who would've thought that would be my fiancé." She added, "Every one has been so positive. All this energy is amazing."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite