Miley Cyrus' Mom Tish: Liam Hemsworth Is the Love of Her Life
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Neil Lane Jewelers/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards ShowMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:35:00 PM
- 'Southland' Slapped With $5 Million Lawsuit Over Autopsy Photo in Opening MontageMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:28:00 PM
- Why ISIS Makes 'Al-Qaeda Look Like the Boy Scouts'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:12:00 PM
- 'Agents of SHIELD's' Elena Satine to Join 'Revenge'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:51:00 AM
- How 'Boyhood' Editor Sandra Adair Stitched 12 Long Years Into the Year's MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:43:00 AM
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards Show
Engaged and underage? Not quite.
Miley Cyrus, 19, and Liam Hemsworth, 22, announced their engagement Wednesday, and since then have received nothing but support from their family and fans.
"All I ever hoped for as a Daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams," Cyrus' father, Billy Ray Cyrus, 50, tweeted. "To find happiness...peace of mind ...and someday know... true love."
Her mother, Tish Cyrus, also tweeted Thursday, "Wow! All of the love pouring out for Miley and Liam is incredible! So happy for my precious baby girl and the love of her life!"
And an insider close to the "Can't Be Tamed" singer tells Us Weekly she's ready to wed Hemsworth, despite her young age. "She's very mature! She's 19 going on 40, so she is ready for [marriage]," the insider explains. "Liam likes her wild side, but Miley's also mature and supportive. They're both ready for this."
Cyrus and Hemsworth first met on the set of the 2009 Nicholas Sparks film "The Last Song." They briefly split in August 2010, but have been together since.
And while their families support their decision to get engaged young -- so do "Miam" fans.
"The pic that first sparked rumors that Miam were dating.." Team Miley NY tweeted with an image of Cyrus and Hemsworth nearly kissing at the Nashville International Airport on Aug. 19, 2009.
Cyrus tweeted back with a smiley face, "Who would've thought that would be my fiancé." She added, "Every one has been so positive. All this energy is amazing."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite