Miley Cyrus' Mom Tish: Liam Hemsworth Is the Love of Her Life
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Neil Lane Jewelers/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:59:45 PM
- The Ultimate Year-End Trailer Mashup To End All Mashups (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:44:37 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: How India's Oscar Contender Rejected Bollywood on the Way to HollMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:10:37 PM
- A TV Bidding War for Tim Tebow?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:09:02 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: 11 Most Shocking Deaths on TVMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 2:51:18 PM
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'
Engaged and underage? Not quite.
Miley Cyrus, 19, and Liam Hemsworth, 22, announced their engagement Wednesday, and since then have received nothing but support from their family and fans.
"All I ever hoped for as a Daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams," Cyrus' father, Billy Ray Cyrus, 50, tweeted. "To find happiness...peace of mind ...and someday know... true love."
Her mother, Tish Cyrus, also tweeted Thursday, "Wow! All of the love pouring out for Miley and Liam is incredible! So happy for my precious baby girl and the love of her life!"
And an insider close to the "Can't Be Tamed" singer tells Us Weekly she's ready to wed Hemsworth, despite her young age. "She's very mature! She's 19 going on 40, so she is ready for [marriage]," the insider explains. "Liam likes her wild side, but Miley's also mature and supportive. They're both ready for this."
Cyrus and Hemsworth first met on the set of the 2009 Nicholas Sparks film "The Last Song." They briefly split in August 2010, but have been together since.
And while their families support their decision to get engaged young -- so do "Miam" fans.
"The pic that first sparked rumors that Miam were dating.." Team Miley NY tweeted with an image of Cyrus and Hemsworth nearly kissing at the Nashville International Airport on Aug. 19, 2009.
Cyrus tweeted back with a smiley face, "Who would've thought that would be my fiancé." She added, "Every one has been so positive. All this energy is amazing."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite