Miley Cyrus' Mom Tish: Liam Hemsworth Is the Love of Her Life
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Neil Lane Jewelers/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cinematography Awards Go to John Bailey TwiceMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:50:00 PM
- Zach Knighton, Isabelle McNally Wrap Unromantic Comedy 'The Big Spoon'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:40:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Newspaper Ending Operations After Just 5 MonthsMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Rocsi Diaz to Leave 'Entertainment Tonight'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:15:00 PM
- Josh Lawson's Sex Comedy 'The Little Death' Acquired by Magnolia PicturesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 12:07:00 PM
- Cinematography Awards Go to John Bailey Twice
Engaged and underage? Not quite.
Miley Cyrus, 19, and Liam Hemsworth, 22, announced their engagement Wednesday, and since then have received nothing but support from their family and fans.
"All I ever hoped for as a Daddy was to see my kids reach their dreams," Cyrus' father, Billy Ray Cyrus, 50, tweeted. "To find happiness...peace of mind ...and someday know... true love."
Her mother, Tish Cyrus, also tweeted Thursday, "Wow! All of the love pouring out for Miley and Liam is incredible! So happy for my precious baby girl and the love of her life!"
And an insider close to the "Can't Be Tamed" singer tells Us Weekly she's ready to wed Hemsworth, despite her young age. "She's very mature! She's 19 going on 40, so she is ready for [marriage]," the insider explains. "Liam likes her wild side, but Miley's also mature and supportive. They're both ready for this."
Cyrus and Hemsworth first met on the set of the 2009 Nicholas Sparks film "The Last Song." They briefly split in August 2010, but have been together since.
And while their families support their decision to get engaged young -- so do "Miam" fans.
"The pic that first sparked rumors that Miam were dating.." Team Miley NY tweeted with an image of Cyrus and Hemsworth nearly kissing at the Nashville International Airport on Aug. 19, 2009.
Cyrus tweeted back with a smiley face, "Who would've thought that would be my fiancé." She added, "Every one has been so positive. All this energy is amazing."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite