Miley Cyrus: Sex Is a Beautiful, Magical Thing
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Osvaldo/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
When it comes to Miley Cyrus, nothing is off-limits.
When the 19-year-old appeared on Lifetime's "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, Cyrus explained why having frank discussions about sex shouldn't be considered taboo.
"Girls who base how much they're worth on the sexual favors they can do for somebody, that makes me really sad," Cyrus said. "Because sex is actually really beautiful."
She added: "It's the only way that we create and it's the only way that the world keep going. It's ignorant to not talk to your kids about it or make it seem like it's not as cool or magical as it actually is. If [kids] have a TV, they know what sex is. Everyone knows, so educate them.
"Let them know that they wouldn't be here without it, and it is a beautiful thing, and it is magic, and it is when you connect with somebody and it isn't how much you're worth," Cyrus continued. "Your worth isn't based on that. Your worth is based on how you feel about yourself."
Cyrus, who's been dating Liam Hemsworth, 22, since 2009, also shared some advice for young girls hoping to build their self-esteem.
"Just be who you are, and that is where your style will come from, and your attitude, and your spirituality, and your sexuality," she said. "Because it's coming from a place of love."
The "Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite