Miley Cyrus: Sex Is a Beautiful, Magical Thing
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Osvaldo/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
When it comes to Miley Cyrus, nothing is off-limits.
When the 19-year-old appeared on Lifetime's "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, Cyrus explained why having frank discussions about sex shouldn't be considered taboo.
"Girls who base how much they're worth on the sexual favors they can do for somebody, that makes me really sad," Cyrus said. "Because sex is actually really beautiful."
She added: "It's the only way that we create and it's the only way that the world keep going. It's ignorant to not talk to your kids about it or make it seem like it's not as cool or magical as it actually is. If [kids] have a TV, they know what sex is. Everyone knows, so educate them.
"Let them know that they wouldn't be here without it, and it is a beautiful thing, and it is magic, and it is when you connect with somebody and it isn't how much you're worth," Cyrus continued. "Your worth isn't based on that. Your worth is based on how you feel about yourself."
Cyrus, who's been dating Liam Hemsworth, 22, since 2009, also shared some advice for young girls hoping to build their self-esteem.
"Just be who you are, and that is where your style will come from, and your attitude, and your spirituality, and your sexuality," she said. "Because it's coming from a place of love."
The "Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite