Mindy McCready admitted to in-patient facility
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Frederick Breedon IV/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: AR4/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 9
More Celeb News
- News Corp. Taps Sony Veteran Jim Kennedy as Chief Communications OfficerMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:25:14 AM
- Super Bowl TV Advertising Sold Out, Fox SaysMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:09:51 AM
- AXS TV Orders Third Season of 'The World's Greatest Tribute Bands' (ExcluMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:04:28 AM
- 'American Hustle' Review: It's Grifters vs. Feds in David O. Russell&MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:00:22 AM
- Ratings: 'Voice' Rebounds, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Fall Finale FlatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 8:26:57 AM
- News Corp. Taps Sony Veteran Jim Kennedy as Chief Communications Officer
By Entertainment Tonight
Following the death of Mindy McCready's boyfriend David Wilson on Jan. 13, ET has now learned that the country star has been admitted to an in-patient facility.
A rep for McCready confirmed the news today, going on to add, "While taking appropriate, much needed and deserved time to grieve, [McCready's] sons have been placed in foster homes where they are comfortable and cared for. We have no further statement at this time."
McCready has two sons: 6-year-old Zander (fathered by McCready's ex Billy McKnight) and 9-month-old Zayne (who she had with now-deceased boyfriend David Wilson).
This news comes after McCready spoke to Today last week, denying any involvement with the shooting that resulted in Wilson's death.
Wilson, a record producer, was initially rushed to the hospital after suffering a reported self-inflicted gunshot wound that did not immediately kill him. McCready recalled how she discovered him after the shooting. "I just started screaming, calling 911. I laid down next to him and just pleaded with him not to die." The singer said Wilson "was responding" after the shooting, but only making sounds, not words.
McCready, 37, had several successful country albums in the '90s, but her career was later overshadowed by domestic abuse issues, drug and DUI arrests and a suicide attempt.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Mario Lopez's newborn son, Dominic Lopez, on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite