Mindy McCready 'Happy' After Custody Battle Hearing
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: AR4/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: JOHN RUSSELL/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Good news for Mindy McCready.
The 36-year-old country star told reporters Monday outside an Arkansas courthouse that while she couldn't talk specifically about the custody hearing for her son, she was "a happy girl."
Inside the closed door session, a judge determined whether McCready, who is pregnant with twins, would reclaim custody of her 5-year-old son Zander. (It's unclear whether the judge granted her permanent or temporary custody.)
She first made headlines last week when authorities said she and her son -- whose legal guardian is McCready's mother -- disappeared from her father's Cape Coral, Fla., home Tuesday evening.
After she and her son were declared missing; she was then been ordered by a judge to bring the child back to Florida, which she was unable to do.
In an interview with the Associated Press, McCready accused her mother of abusing Zander; the child's grandmother said the claims are "absolutely not true."
After McCready and Zander were found, the singer's publicist quickly refuted claims that she abducted her son, adding that both she and Zander were "safe, healthy and comfortable."
Following Monday's closed hearing, McCready's camp issued a statement to E! News confirming that "Mindy and Zander both remain in Arkansas at this time" and that "Zander remains with a foster care family" there.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite