Mindy McCready 'Happy' After Custody Battle Hearing
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: AR4/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: JOHN RUSSELL/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
Good news for Mindy McCready.
The 36-year-old country star told reporters Monday outside an Arkansas courthouse that while she couldn't talk specifically about the custody hearing for her son, she was "a happy girl."
Inside the closed door session, a judge determined whether McCready, who is pregnant with twins, would reclaim custody of her 5-year-old son Zander. (It's unclear whether the judge granted her permanent or temporary custody.)
She first made headlines last week when authorities said she and her son -- whose legal guardian is McCready's mother -- disappeared from her father's Cape Coral, Fla., home Tuesday evening.
After she and her son were declared missing; she was then been ordered by a judge to bring the child back to Florida, which she was unable to do.
In an interview with the Associated Press, McCready accused her mother of abusing Zander; the child's grandmother said the claims are "absolutely not true."
After McCready and Zander were found, the singer's publicist quickly refuted claims that she abducted her son, adding that both she and Zander were "safe, healthy and comfortable."
Following Monday's closed hearing, McCready's camp issued a statement to E! News confirming that "Mindy and Zander both remain in Arkansas at this time" and that "Zander remains with a foster care family" there.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite