Missy Elliott Reveals She's Suffering From an Autoimmune Disorder
- Photo: Debby Wong/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Touchstone Pictures/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures9 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Casting Director Marion Dougherty to Receive Posthumous EmmyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:13:00 AM
- Spike Jonze to Guest Star on HBO's 'Girls'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Hearst Grabs Principato-Young's Corey Moss to Make Web SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release Date
In the early part of the aughts, Missy Elliott released a string of bonkers, Timbaland-produced smashes that branded her a visionary, progressive force for hip-hop.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Find out who is moving to 'The Good Wife'
Then, radio silence. Now, a possible explanation as to why she hasn't been heard from since 2005's "The Cookbook:" Elliott tells People she's been dealing with an autoimmune disorder called Graves' disease since 2008.
Things are looking up, though! She says, "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising ... My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months." (She'll apparently address the situation further in her upcoming "Behind the Music" episode.)
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on Bieber's NY fan frenzy
Does the recent positive health news, and Missy's willingness to discuss her condition, possibly point to a full-fledged comeback?
More proof: While she's been talking up her next album, "Block Party," for years, a recent reunion with Timbaland would at least suggest it's closer to fruition.
In conclusion: Let's hope Missy's health continues to improve, and that new music is imminent. [TheBoombox]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read all about Sorkin's new project
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite