Missy Elliott Reveals She's Suffering From an Autoimmune Disorder
- Photo: Debby Wong/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Touchstone Pictures/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures9 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
In the early part of the aughts, Missy Elliott released a string of bonkers, Timbaland-produced smashes that branded her a visionary, progressive force for hip-hop.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Find out who is moving to 'The Good Wife'
Then, radio silence. Now, a possible explanation as to why she hasn't been heard from since 2005's "The Cookbook:" Elliott tells People she's been dealing with an autoimmune disorder called Graves' disease since 2008.
Things are looking up, though! She says, "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising ... My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months." (She'll apparently address the situation further in her upcoming "Behind the Music" episode.)
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on Bieber's NY fan frenzy
Does the recent positive health news, and Missy's willingness to discuss her condition, possibly point to a full-fledged comeback?
More proof: While she's been talking up her next album, "Block Party," for years, a recent reunion with Timbaland would at least suggest it's closer to fruition.
In conclusion: Let's hope Missy's health continues to improve, and that new music is imminent. [TheBoombox]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read all about Sorkin's new project
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite