Missy Elliott Reveals She's Suffering From an Autoimmune Disorder
- Photo: Debby Wong/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Touchstone Pictures/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures9 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Stephen Colbert Explains 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Role to Letterman (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:13:01 AM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is Ameri
In the early part of the aughts, Missy Elliott released a string of bonkers, Timbaland-produced smashes that branded her a visionary, progressive force for hip-hop.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Find out who is moving to 'The Good Wife'
Then, radio silence. Now, a possible explanation as to why she hasn't been heard from since 2005's "The Cookbook:" Elliott tells People she's been dealing with an autoimmune disorder called Graves' disease since 2008.
Things are looking up, though! She says, "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising ... My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months." (She'll apparently address the situation further in her upcoming "Behind the Music" episode.)
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on Bieber's NY fan frenzy
Does the recent positive health news, and Missy's willingness to discuss her condition, possibly point to a full-fledged comeback?
More proof: While she's been talking up her next album, "Block Party," for years, a recent reunion with Timbaland would at least suggest it's closer to fruition.
In conclusion: Let's hope Missy's health continues to improve, and that new music is imminent. [TheBoombox]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read all about Sorkin's new project
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite