Monica pregnant, expecting first child with Shannon Brown
- Photo: @MonicaBrown/Twitter1 of 9
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Mark Davis/Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
The boy -- or girl -- is hers! R&B singer Monica will welcome a new addition to her family later this year, a baby with her husband, Shannon Brown, she confirmed via Twitter on May 11, one day before Mother's Day.
Sharing a photo of her pregnant belly, the mom-to-be praised her team for styling her "right" for "A Night to Remember" event in Chattanooga, Tenn., where she performed to raise grant and scholarship money for urban youth. Later, she responded to well-wishers on Twitter, thanking pals including Niecy Nash and Lala Anthony for their Mother's Day wishes.
"5 months & counting," she tweeted to Nash. "Excited."
This will be the third child for the "Until It's Gone" singer, but the first with basketball player Brown, whom she married in a secret, quickie ceremony in November 2010. (They later had a second, much bigger wedding in July 2011.)
Monica, 32, is also mom to sons Rocko, 7, and Romelo, 5, with her ex-fiance, rapper Rodney "Rocko" Hill. Brown, 27, has a son, Shannon Christopher, from a previous relationship.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite