Morrissey: 'I am not homosexual'
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Veteran singer Morrissey has set the record straight about his sexuality, insisting he is not gay despite enjoying a close relationship with a male photographer in the 1990s.
The former The Smiths star, who has always dodged questions about his love life, came clean about his strong bond with Jake Walters in his new memoir, confirming long-running rumors about the man who was a constant presence at Morrissey's side during the mid-1990s.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
He stopped short of revealing whether they were actually lovers, but he dropped heavy hints of a romance, writing, "For the first time in my life the eternal 'I' becomes 'we', as, finally, I can get on with someone ... Jake and I neither sought nor needed company other than our own for the whirlwind stretch to come.
"Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
However, since the book's release on Thursday, Morrissey has felt the need to speak out and address the revelation.
In a note posted on the True To You fansite on Saturday, he writes: "Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course... not many."
The message won't come as a surprise to fans -- Morrissey, 54, has long asserted he is asexual and celibate.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite